• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (8 Viewers)

Rufous Motmot after over 150 others (including Harpy Eagle, Maroon-chested Ground-Dove, Black-crowned Gnatpitta and Tacarcuna Chlorospingus) in Panama.

After three tries over the course of the past week, I finally managed to see the very tame Worm-eating Warbler hanging out at the Village Green condo complex in the Baldwin Hills neighborhood of Los Angeles.

As I explained in another thread, in the fall through spring of 2012-2013, there was a Worm-eating Warbler at Shay Park in Arcata, Humboldt County. Despite the park being only a ten minute walk from the Humboldt State University campus where I resided, and the warbler hanging around for months and me making innumerable attempts to find it in the thick vegetation, I never saw it while up in Humboldt. So as you can imagine, seeing this very tame Worm-eating Warbler today, and getting great photos and even video to immortalize the sighting, was immensely satisfying.

Mayotte Scops Owl, though I'm willing to bet Mayotte Fody (seen later) will be split when Lynx get to the group, lots of armchair ticks coming.

Henslow's sparrow, sedge wren and eastern meadowlark today.

Sedge wren was walking around my feet! Too bad I couldn't get the camera on it quick enough. Only managed distant specks in the photographs as it flew off :-C

Oriental Stork at Toyooka, Hyogo-ken, Japan. Now the re-introduced birds are safely up to three figures I thought I'd nip over and see them. Most of the paddi around the city are farmed with the Storks in mind ( leaving the water in them longer, planting a bit later and not using chemicals ) the birds are doing well, and are easy to find.

I was down at Pagham harbour today, sprawled out on the sand/shingle photographing some Turnstones. At one point they all suddenly adopted a defensive hunched posture and fixed their eyes upwards. I turned over to see a buzzard overhead. Now I see those all of the time so I was just about to turn back to my camera when I realised a Spoonbill was passing directly over me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back