Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Powerpoint

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old Wednesday 29th November 2006, 16:04   #26
Andrew Rowlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by scampo
I never sort, merge or label (buy a Dymo label printer for that - super-duper)!

I was only urgerd to write in because there is this "I hate Microsoft" thing that goes on among a few here and, well, I don't know, but it riles me a bit! (-;

I don't know much about the techie reasons for hating the company, but I am pleased that dear old Mr Gates is easily one of the world's most generous philanthropists - and that can't be a bad thing. In fact, I gather Michael Jackson is also up there with him in those philanthropic dizzy heights - and he gathers a storm around him quite easily, too. Odd that - maybe people don't like such generosity! I'm sure there are millions who do, though, in the poorer parts of the wrold.
I think the oft-derided Microsoft Works may be better at merging and labelling than the full-blown (but incompatible!) Word.

It might be his money now but where did it originate? http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/98967/br...fice-2007.html - I wonder how often this sort of markup happens?

I don't think I'll bother buying the latest version of M$ Office ...

BF Supporter 2004 2005 2006 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Wednesday 29th November 2006, 18:10   #27
Colin Key
BANNED HERE, AND MANY OTHER FORUMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Rowlands
I think the oft-derided Microsoft Works may be better at merging and labelling than the full-blown (but incompatible!) Word.

It might be his money now but where did it originate? http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/98967/br...fice-2007.html - I wonder how often this sort of markup happens?

I don't think I'll bother buying the latest version of M$ Office ...
I think that MS Works (which is the commonly "bundled" software nowadays) is very good, but no-one else seems to use it! In Europe MS Word is the industry standard and I normally have to push out documents in RTF in order that the recipient can open them.

I'm still using the MS Office manual as a doorstop!!
Old Wednesday 29th November 2006, 18:18   #28
Colin Key
BANNED HERE, AND MANY OTHER FORUMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scampo
I never sort, merge or label (buy a Dymo label printer for that - super-duper)!

I was only urgerd to write in because there is this "I hate Microsoft" thing that goes on among a few here and, well, I don't know, but it riles me a bit! (-;

I don't know much about the techie reasons for hating the company, but I am pleased that dear old Mr Gates is easily one of the world's most generous philanthropists - and that can't be a bad thing. In fact, I gather Michael Jackson is also up there with him in those philanthropic dizzy heights - and he gathers a storm around him quite easily, too. Odd that - maybe people don't like such generosity! I'm sure there are millions who do, though, in the poorer parts of the wrold.
DYMO, that brings back memories!! Since reading this post I actually went and bought a tiny "domestic" (I can remember the super-duper version at the office) version with four rolls of different coloured tape and have labelled every single plug, socket, cable, etc. which mess up my home office - brilliant!!
Old Wednesday 29th November 2006, 22:36   #29
Mike Pennington
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy Penland
Sorry, Max, don't know what it means in Italian, but it means "poo" in Spanish
And interestingly, cak/cack was a word for the same thing when I was at school. Maybe from Spanish as Liverpool had contacts with Spain being a port.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: