• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

computer loading old pages (1 Viewer)

Strandman

My computer has taken to loading the last viewed version of given page on the net rather than a refreshed current version- not sure why. Can anyone suggests a simple reason and a fix? As usual, apologies in advance if tis is a foolish question..

Ed

white-back said:
My computer has taken to loading the last viewed version of given page on the net rather than a refreshed current version- not sure why. Can anyone suggests a simple reason and a fix? As usual, apologies in advance if tis is a foolish question..

Ed
don't know why it would be happening but you could try deleting your temporary internet files and your browsing history

PaulE said:
don't know why it would be happening but you could try deleting your temporary internet files and your browsing history

I'm a bit baffled, because it's fixable with a refresh view or as you suggest. But it is pain to have to do that each time and I am not sure why it looks for a cache in the first place. There will be a simple reason..

Go to Tools->Internet Options. In the Temporary Internet Files frame, click on Settings. Under "Check for new versions of stored pages," what option is checked?

BradP said:
Go to Tools->Internet Options. In the Temporary Internet Files frame, click on Settings. Under "Check for new versions of stored pages," what option is checked?

Spot-on: it had reset itself or been reset by hands unknown to "never"! So many thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back