• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

FZ38 Custom mode advice (1 Viewer)

Marshall-78

Hi
I am very new to photography. I would like to know on the 3 custom settings (C on the wheel) how to actually save these settings? I cant figure it out.
Essentially what I would like is to have at least one of them with a manual focus option and the other settings i.e ISO, shutter speed etc as automatic as possible. I have been using the IA mode quite a bit but with small passerines in bushes it confuses it.
Any ideas?
Cheers
Josh

I would advice to have one of the settings be aperture priority, lowest possible aperture (f number), narrowest possible focusing setting for automatic focusing, and iso either fully automatic (as you seem to prefer) or iso auto 100-400. The narrow focusing point makes it easier to focus within a bush.

See also previous threads on settings to employ.

Niels

Cheers guys
Thanks for the reply. What I still seem to have trouble with is getting the custom settings to save as they seem to reset everytime i move of them, any ideas?

I have an FZ35, but it should be the same. Set the camera to the settings you want to save, then go to the "set up" menu by pressing the menu/set button and selecting setup (the picture of a little wrench) on the left hand menu. Scroll to page 2 to "CUST.SET MEN" and select C1, C2, or C3. There you have it!

Capemay

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back