• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

camera trouble (1 Viewer)

stuart gill

hello i have a sony a200 just bought a samyang 500 mm mirror lens conected it to my camera and all i get on my display is no lens attached shutter is locked can anyone help

Hi Stuart and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I've moved your post to the Camera forums and am sure someone will be along shortly to help you out. Meanwhile, I've subscribed you to this thread so you get an instant notification of any replies into your e-mail box. This should help you keep track of the thread. You can unsubscribe from it very easily.

hello i have a sony a200 just bought a samyang 500 mm mirror lens conected it to my camera and all i get on my display is no lens attached shutter is locked can anyone help

Hi Stuart
Because this is a manual lens I suspect you will have to use manual mode, as opposed to any automatic modes or P A or S, to use the lens. Much the same way as if you used macro extension tubes without any electrical connections.
Hope this helps.
Les.

As Les said, what happens if you set the camera to manual? You may also have to set it to release the shutter even if it cannot focus on anything.

Andrea

It may well be that the camera cannot see the lens and that you need to change a setting within the menu to allow you to shoot without a lens attached.

Just googled it and it seems that there isn't such a setting in the menu system, but the camera should be able to shoot with a non reporting lens in manual mode.

I have the same camera and once used a Tamron lens similar to yours. Set the mode dial to M (manual). You have to focus manually but the camera will adjust exposure automatically unless you make another choice to be able to adjust exposure manually too. Too bad that Sony discontinued its autofocus 500mm reflex lens.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back