• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gitzo 2720 Head Panning (1 Viewer)

jrbCO

I just bought this head. The tilt mechanism is very smooth with my Swarovski ATX 95, but the pan action is very rough. By simply tightening the tripod mounting screws to hold the head in place on the tripod, you cannot pan with the adjustment at its lightest setting.

Is this a flaw or did I get a lemon.

I just bought this head. The tilt mechanism is very smooth with my Swarovski ATX 95, but the pan action is very rough. By simply tightening the tripod mounting screws to hold the head in place on the tripod, you cannot pan with the adjustment at its lightest setting.

My 1720 is smooth but I have read others complain (on other threads in this forum) that their 2720 were rough in exactly the way you describe.

--AP

2720 works fine with my ATM80. Very pleased with it in fact.

Alan

My 1720 is the opposite with a (much lighter) Swaro ATS 65; pan v smooth, tilt too stiff.

Well I sent the 2720 head back and bought 2 1720 heads. I like this head much better. I think it works great with my ATX 95. Balance is good. Pan and tilt work much nicer with this smaller head. No sticking and the action is very smooth.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back