• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Male Rufous Hummingbird (1 Viewer)

I visited your web site, Helen B, and they are fantastic photos. Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

Best Regards,
Marysan

Thanks for the compliments, Mary and Ian.
I enjoy watching the hummingbirds so much and it was a special treat to be able to get so close while the humbander was processing them. I've been asked if I want to train as a humbander myself, but right now I'm not in a position to start the training. It would involve spending every other weekend thoughout the Autumn and winter, training with a bander who lives about 120 miles away from me. Maybe one day........ in the meantime I am happy to keep my hummer feeders clean and refreshed throughout the winter for any of these little gems that want to choose my garden (backyard in the US!) for their wintering grounds. And to take photos of them!

I have more photos showing the type of trap used - I will try to get them onto my webpage asap.

Last edited:
Fabulous banding pics.. really enjoyed reading all about this.. we do not get Buff Bellied where we are but we do have the Mighty Rufous!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back