• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Baltimore County Year! (1 Viewer)

August 14, 2013

Home Patch

#89 Magnolia Warbler

August 21, 2013

Cromwell Park

#90 Black-and-White Warbler B :)
#91 Chimney Swift
#92 Ovenbird
#93 Nashville Warbler B :)

My first full year of birding is getting close to #100 in my home county.

October 5, 2013

Cromwell Valley Park

#95 Yellow-Rumped Warbler B :)
#96 Swamp Sparrow B :)

Quarry Lake, Pikesville

November 9, 2013

#100 Pied-Billed Grebe

Ft. McHenry, Baltimore City

November 16, 2013

#101 Herring Gull
#102 Great Black-Backed Gull
#103 American Widgeon B :)
#104 Fox Sparrow B :)
#105 Horned Grebe B :)

November 24, 2013

Cromwell Valley Park

#106 Bald Eagle

Outside of Baltimore County, but saw a Snowy Owl in Harford County. Extraordinary Bird. The birding highlight of the year!

Farm Field in NE Baltimore County

December 21, 2013

#107 Sandhill Crane B :)

And that's likely the last bird of the year. It's been a good year, with 107 birds in the county, and 110 in the entire state. The overall Maryland highlights were the Snowy Owl and the Painted Bunting (neither of which were in Baltimore county). As a super-novice, I missed some easy ones like Purple Martin, Northern Parula, and Chestnut-Sided Warbler. Finding a late Nashville Warbler in Baltimore County was also a highlight (the first time I've triggered the eBird rare bird alert with a bird I've found myself!), as well as a Common Loon in breeding plumage.

For 2014, I am aiming for 125 bird species in the County and 130 in the entire State. Wish me luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back