• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Liverbird Watching and Nature Discovery Cruises (1 Viewer)

I wish to book on this. What am i most likely to see and when....Are there likely to be different birds at the end of August as compared to middle of september and early october? what other wildlife could be seen ie seals, dolphins, ?

Previous years sightings include: spoonbill, honey buzzard, common scoter and dolphin :)

Book now and I'll see you there!

Trip was great. Bird highlights were Shag, Sandwich Tern, Grey Plover, Kittiwake and Med gull. Grey Seal also seen. At least I got a first in the form of Pectoral Sandpiper at IMF!

Trip was great. Bird highlights were Shag, Sandwich Tern, Grey Plover, Kittiwake and Med gull. Grey Seal also seen. At least I got a first in the form of Pectoral Sandpiper at IMF!

We were on this aswell. Thought the cruise was good. As for the wildlife we thought it was poor. The one who thinks she must be obeyed gave up after halfway through. Of all the sightings that came over the tannoy I think we managed to see a couple of them. Did anybody manage to see the Grey Seals that tannoyman kept reporting hmmm. The best one was ' there's a common tern going behind the wind turbines' these were about two miles away. Don't think we will be going on another cruise. A lot of people who were near to us when tannoyman gave sightings were thinking Jackanory. We were really looking forward to this, oh well. Didn't win a prize in the raffle either aaargh hahaha.

We were on this aswell. Thought the cruise was good. As for the wildlife we thought it was poor. The one who thinks she must be obeyed gave up after halfway through. Of all the sightings that came over the tannoy I think we managed to see a couple of them. Did anybody manage to see the Grey Seals that tannoyman kept reporting hmmm. The best one was ' there's a common tern going behind the wind turbines' these were about two miles away. Don't think we will be going on another cruise. A lot of people who were near to us when tannoyman gave sightings were thinking Jackanory. We were really looking forward to this, oh well. Didn't win a prize in the raffle either aaargh hahaha.

Seals regularly sit on the sandbanks to the west as you come out of the Mersey, I wouldn't have thought they would have to resort to 'Jackanory'!

Stephen

Seals regularly sit on the sandbanks to the west as you come out of the Mersey, I wouldn't have thought they would have to resort to 'Jackanory'!

Stephen

grey seals are very easy to see as you say on the sand banks round the mouth of the dee off hilbre island and all along point of ayre side, so i would certainly agree with you here

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back