• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Content aware in Elements 9 and CS5 (1 Viewer)

Vernon Barker

Have been trying the content aware tools in CS5,this is present in a scaled down level in Elements 9.

The question is, "is it worth paying the extra several hundred pounds for CS5 or will Elements 9 suffice"?

The opinions of anyone who uses this facility will be welcomed.

Not a direct answer to your question Vernon, but a related thought...

Content Aware Fill is very impressive. But... although I've had CS5 on my machine for a good while, I think I've used CAF precisely once in all that time: and even then, I probably could have clone-stamped the file to where I wanted it.

The point being that in either its full-blown or scaled-down incarnations, CAF - to my mind - doesn't in itself do enough, often enough, to warrant an upgrade to either CS5 or PSE 9.

I do not use CAF in CS5 (played around with it a few times) but Content Aware Scale is very useful if you want to add some canvas. CAS was available on CS4 as well although not sure if it is available in any of the Elements versions.

Good point Roy - although I have to say that simply adding canvas and cloning does the job well enough as a rule.
Certainly good enough if the BG is plain Keith, but I find that if there is some texture to extent (like water) then the context aware Scale makes a great job and does it very quickly.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back