• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pennington Flash (1 Viewer)

The BNG did not show today but we had excellent views of several Bullfinches. Also had a Willow Tit on the feeder and plenty of Blackcaps. Great views of a Green Sandpiper and several Goosanders, not Mergansers as I first wrote, also helped to make the day special.

I decided to leave Pennington for Sale Waterpark -
two little grebes, five herons, a robin, and the usual array. It was heaving with the 'shirts-off' contingent, hence little if any other birders.

Last edited:
How about that from previous comments, >>>>Would think your Mergansers would be Goosanders<<<<

On the Manchester Birding Forum today, Sunday 10th April, >>Female Red-breasted Merganser present this morning.<<

Cheers Peter.

Could anyone help do the black necked grebes still show up at pennington? i have seen them in the past.

They do still show up at Pennington on almost a yearly basis though they never hang around for too long. Keep an eye on the Manchester Birding forum for the most up to date sightings on there.

Had an excellent day at Penny Flash today, nothing mega but lots of superb views of good birds. Plenty of Bullfinch, 2/3 Willow Tit, 3 Stock Dove and a superb male Brambling at the feeding station. Still plenty of displaying Goldeneye and Great Crested Grebe, 2 female Goosander, a couple of fly-over Raven, singing Blackcap, Willow Warbler and the now ubiquitous Chiffchaff. From midday Swallow, Sand and House Martin started moving through. I may have missed out on the superb day on the north Wirral but I really enjoyed today.

Chris

>>>>Originally Posted by warrior1966

Could anyone help do the black necked grebes still show up at pennington? i have seen them in the past. <<<

Two Black-necked Grebes present Wednesday 17th April.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back