• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camera trap delights (1 Viewer)

Mourning Dove

Mourning Dove from a set up in front of one of my feeders

Edit: perhaps I shouldn't post birds in this thread? let me know if I should remove it.

Attachments

• Mourning_Dove13.jpg
    Mourning_Dove13.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
I now have a new camera which I am putting through it paces.

A few photos

Mark

Attachments

• tc26.jpg
    tc26.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 68
  • tc21.jpg
    tc21.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 75
  • tc5.jpg
    tc5.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 66
  • tc2.jpg
    tc2.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 74
This the LTL Acorn 5120, cost £130, its OK but is only 5MP not the 12MP it quotes.

Seems OK some nice features and some I don't like. The photos are not as good as good as the Bushnell Trophy.

They also do a 6210 model which is supposed to be better

Mark

Excellent! I love the Kodkod Cat.

Indeed! A couple signs that cats are not the birds' friends... Really a wonderful collection. So interesting to see that tiger eating in the water! Don't usually think of them as wanting to get that wet, but I guess anything for a meal....

Indeed! A couple signs that cats are not the birds' friends... Really a wonderful collection. So interesting to see that tiger eating in the water! Don't usually think of them as wanting to get that wet, but I guess anything for a meal....

Tigers are well known as being not only unbothered by water but actively seeking it out as a hunting habitat and for leisure.

John

ha. I'm not a big one for anthromorphism but he's got a face on like he knows he just caught with a hand in the cookie jar.

Frankly I think some of the anti-anthropomorphism movement is over the top. I had no difficulty interpreting many of my dog's expressions (including being found out!) and I am increasingly of the opinion that some mammalian facial expressions are universal. Except for botoxed women of course.

John

Frankly I think some of the anti-anthropomorphism movement is over the top. I had no difficulty interpreting many of my dog's expressions (including being found out!) and I am increasingly of the opinion that some mammalian facial expressions are universal.

I do agree with some of what you say. However, in my experience people really are very apt to ascribe complex thought processes and emotions to their pets where there are perfectly good, less complicated, alternative explanations, and no evidence to support the anthropomorphism.

The `guilty dog knowing he will be found out' is, in my opinion, much more convincingly explained by the dog connecting events (being punished for there being a mess on the floor) than by the dog `knowing he did wrong', that is, knowing he *caused* the problem, and knowing this was wrong while doing it.

The problem with these overly anthropomorphic interpretations is that the people who succumb to them use completely inadequate methods to try to teach the dog to do better. This ultimately causes a lot of harm, like the dog that has become impossible to live with.

I think it is to counter this mindset that the `anti-anthropomorphism' has become maybe over-emphasized.

I'd have more to say here but I'm conscious of the fact that this doesn't really belong in the camera-trap thread.

Andrea

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back