• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Jessops deal 40d bought (1 Viewer)

h&p

Hi, Just bought the 40d +Sigma 18-200OS from Jessops.
www.jessops.com/weekendoffer
Autumn Deal 16th --19 Nov. a sliding scale of discounts for web shopping between those dates ranging from spend £150-£299.99 save £15 through to spend over £1000 to save £55. So I bought the 40d at £748 -£35 = £713

http://jessops.com/
Then seperately took advantage of a second offer of 10% of any lens by buying the Sigma 18-200 f3.5-f6.3 OS for £400-£40 = £360. Total paid £1072.99 collected in an hour but they will keep reserved for a week from order. Pay on collection. AND I can still claim the £50 cashback for the 40D.
Jessops won't let you combine those offers so you have to do seperate transactions, no problem. The Autumn deal only appears on the weekend offer link as above. Regards Pete.

thats a good deal £663 for the body getting tempted :)
eddit
oops got the price wrong its £698 with cashback .
Rob.

Last edited:
Just received my new 40D from Ian Kerr at £650 plus £20 postage. Now to claim the £50 cashback.

Talking about cashbacks does any one know of a dealer who can supply the grid viewfinder screen for the 40D? I believe there is a cashback on this, though I would like to get it any way, and haven't found anyone selling it.

Hi, Just bought the 40d +Sigma 18-200OS from Jessops.
www.jessops.com/weekendoffer
Autumn Deal 16th --19 Nov. a sliding scale of discounts for web shopping between those dates ranging from spend £150-£299.99 save £15 through to spend over £1000 to save £55. So I bought the 40d at £748 -£35 = £713

http://jessops.com/
Then seperately took advantage of a second offer of 10% of any lens by buying the Sigma 18-200 f3.5-f6.3 OS for £400-£40 = £360. Total paid £1072.99 collected in an hour but they will keep reserved for a week from order. Pay on collection. AND I can still claim the £50 cashback for the 40D.
Jessops won't let you combine those offers so you have to do seperate transactions, no problem. The Autumn deal only appears on the weekend offer link as above. Regards Pete.

Looks like you got a good deal there. A fair price for a UK supplied product. And I think thats the most important bit. My experience of digital cameras is that they aren't the most reliable things on earth so the ability to deal with a local company massively outweighs saving a few quid on an imported body.

Paul

Hi Rob, you have to go to the linked page (the green link) and scroll down . It's a sliding scale and is on any purchase. Then go seperately to Jessops normal site and scroll down until the 10% off all lenses offer appears on the right hand side. Hope that makes it a bit clearer. Pete

Just for info, Dixons are doing the 40D body for £707 (+ £4.95 P&P).

UPDATE Just checked their website and they are now sold out (mine arrives tomorrow)

Last edited:
Brilliant, the bargains keep coming. Anyone guess what the cost will be after Christmas. £xx +2packets of crisps and an i-pod? Who knows? Pete.

Talking about cashbacks does any one know of a dealer who can supply the grid viewfinder screen for the 40D? I believe there is a cashback on this, though I would like to get it any way, and haven't found anyone selling it.

I'm fairly sure that WHE do these.

I just bought my 40D and Epson R2400 printer from Jessops. They price matched WEx and gave me a free Sandisk Extreme III 2GB CF card. Much respect to Jessops Birmingham.

I've just recieved my 40D + 17-85mm plus free 2Gb Sandisk Extreme III, bought it from 7dayshop.com for £939 + £6.95 for delivery (cheaper and slower delivery £4).

£70 Canon cashback to come. :cool:

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back