• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Skomer manx shearwaters (1 Viewer)

I've only spent the day there (wonderful), and didn't see Shearwaters obviously. You need to have an overnight stay.

There's a good Opus article for Skomer, here, which includes a link for information about accommodation.

Enjoy!

..... well stop 'thinking' and do it!!;) I'd get it booked as soon as you're able to.

Do note the closing days, and be prepared for cancelled ferries if the weather turns (short notice). You won't regret going.

There are evening boat trips available to enable birdwatchers to observe the shearwaters. Need to Google to obtain precise details, not sure where they depart from either Martin's Haven or S. Justinians near St David's. I think they depart around 18·30 the trip lasting 2 hours.

..... well stop 'thinking' and do it!!;) I'd get it booked as soon as you're able to.

Do note the closing days, and be prepared for cancelled ferries if the weather turns (short notice). You won't regret going.

You can't book until October - and I have a reminder in my calendar to get me to do it.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back