• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sound Monitor (1 Viewer)

Reedarosa

Hello. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good bird sound monitor. I have used a Wing Song for 17 years but it is now picking up some sort of interference that I cannot identify and remedy. I really miss hearing the birds, elk, coyotes, etc (we live in the middle of nowhere) when the windows are closed. Suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi Reedarosa and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I've moved your post to the Bird Sounds & Recordings section of the forum, as I feel they're better placed to advise you. I also subscribed you to the thread so you can find it easily.

I am probably not unique in not having come across this device.
Googling it comes up with a number of people looking for one, but no description, picture or functional description.

It sounds like it might be a remote waterproof microphone on a feeder or just outdoors that connects to an amplifier speaker indoors by a length of wire (something like a baby monitor) but it would be good to be sure.
Could you fill us in a bit more with info on how far the wire microphone has to reach etc., as one of the folks who reads this may know of an alternative or have constructed something themselves.
I take it that it has no connection other than name to the Wing Song feeder system?

Someone is bound to be doing something similar somewhere.

I add my welcome to every one else.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back