• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

cheap Nikon Fieldscope eyepieces (1 Viewer)

The 20-60x zoom on the Fieldscope III is good up to 40x. That's my eye when I tried it last time.

You can do digiscoping by hand holding your camera on it. The main reason I bought my MC II zoom eyepiece because I need high power for ID with my ED82 and it happenes only sometimes because most of the time, my DS30x good enough for me plus digiscoping too.

I wonder why Nikon did not make the new zoom for EDG scope compatible with our ED82 like Swarovski ?

Asking for advice here, I just received my newest purchase, a FS III, (non-ed), kit with tripod and window mount. This came with the 20-45 Zoom.

I am from North Dakota, current temp. -11 F. How are things in Borneo?
I live on a farm, plenty to watch here, although the geese have now gone south.

I am wondering, and Mooreorless(Steve), can also add here, is the 20-60 MC II, zoom lens worth the effort over the 20-45?

It seems to me I will not often use this much beyond 30x, as quality does drop off.

I've been outside with this, and looking through house windows is not the best for a spotting scope.

It seems there is a lot of diversity on this Forum. ;)

The MCII is a better eyepiece for reasons besides the extra mag. For only $70 shipped on Ebay now it is a no-brainer. Use Bing Cashback search and save an extra 8%. Whether you will use the extra mag is up to you.

cheers,
Rick

Jerry for my sample Nikon 60mm regular Fieldscope it gets somewhat dim but 60x is supported by this scope. If I could only keep one of these eyepieces I would go with the MCII 20x60x eyepiece. Just like Rick says I bought this MCII off Ebay from the fellow in North Carolina for $70 and it was brand new.
Regards,Steve

I am from North Dakota, current temp. -11 F. How are things in Borneo

Nice here except it rain in the evening hehehe :king:

Jerry for my sample Nikon 60mm regular Fieldscope it gets somewhat dim but 60x is supported by this scope. If I could only keep one of these eyepieces I would go with the MCII 20x60x eyepiece. Just like Rick says I bought this MCII off Ebay from the fellow in North Carolina for $70 and it was brand new.
Regards,Steve

Mind to share the seller ?

Asking for advice here...

I am wondering, and Mooreorless(Steve), can also add here, is the 20-60 MC II, zoom lens worth the effort over the 20-45?

It seems to me I will not often use this much beyond 30x ;)

Then get an MC30 wide. Though the MCII zoom is better than the old zoom, it's still like looking through a pee hole in the snow. I actually have trouble acquiring my targets with the bleedin' thing. It is sharp, no doubt, but I can't take the tunnel vision effect.

FYI, the MC30 wide has a wider actual FOV than the zoom at 20x, with 50% more magnification. Beyond that, the fixed EP just has an airy feel about it.

Thanks for the post on cheap nikon fieldscope eyepieces. I led me to look on ebay for a second fieldscope and I ended up finding a new Nikon Fieldscope II ED body for $277 shipped.

Ordered one of the 20x60 zooms noted in above discussions today as could not pass up the price. The ED II scope has arrived and I'm very pleased with it. Small and light, excellent image.

I've had my fieldscope III ED for ten years, that I started out with the 24X and 40 X wide angle eyepieces. When the 20x60x zoom came out I purchased it and used the WA eyepieces with an adapter on my astronomy scopes. Still one of my favorite eyepieces for long range waterfowl and shorebird birding is the 40X WA eyepiece as the field of view is only a little over 10% less than the 20x60x zoom is at 20X.

With the acquisition of the II ED will most likely sell my Swarovski ATS HD 80 as I have mostly used my III ED over the past couple of years. It is just small and handy and while it is not in the same league as the Swarovski it rare that I wish for the Swarovski.

Just tried out my MC11 Zoom and I'm more than pleased with it...........especially as it only cost £55 new,including postage from the U.S.A.

Happy Days

+ Happy New Year to All .

where did you go for it??

I want a 50x ds so i have the mc11 zoom, 30xds and 50x ds. This i feel will complete my set up. (i hope!!)

just went on the site . they were only listing the 25-56 eye piece. am i missing something?? Glad you like your eye piece. I am enjoyoing using it to .

oh yes. i found it on site aswell now!! Cant see a 50xds though. shame cos i would have gone for that!!

Regards. Mark.

The MCII is a better eyepiece for reasons besides the extra mag. For only $70 shipped on Ebay now it is a no-brainer. Use Bing Cashback search and save an extra 8%. Whether you will use the extra mag is up to you.

cheers,
Rick
You are right, it is a no brainer, just ordered one. Sometimes it takes a little time for the obvious to sink in (doh!).
Though I have reasonabe selection of primes; this will be a usefull addition that I look forward to seeing into. :t:
Thanks,
John

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back