• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can I / How do I delete photo's I've posted? (1 Viewer)

AcidEric

not a lumberjack
Hi all

I posted a photo to help me get an identification. Got it now and as the photo is pretty poor i would now like to remove it (to save space on my allowance and birdforums server).
I've tryed the delete option in edit photo but get a message saying I do not have permission to performe that action. :(
Suggestions please
Thanks AcidEric

Hi Eric, if you could just PM me with the link to the photo you want removed, I'll take care of it. BirdForum gives you an extemely generous ;) amount of space in the Gallery, so if it is space you are worried about then you might as well leave it. Up to you though.

Eric,
If it's a pic you've attached to a post, you can delete it yourself (I believe?)
If you go to the "Edit my profile" section, look down the list on the left & down the bottom you should see "attachments"
Click there then find the pic you want to delete and tick the box next to it. Then just click the "delete selected" button.

That could all be a load of rubbish though 'cos I've never actually tried it myself! (often thought about getting rid of some of the older pics I've posted, just to free up some space on the forum server!)

EDIT Or you could just edit the post directly and remove it from there (?) Not sure of that one either to be honest ;)

Last edited:
Go with the KC option, the Mods are the only ones allowed to delete them, just in case any of them have been used in the database etc.

If anyone wants to delete a photo, PM one of the Mods. (They don't bite.)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back