• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski Service - Gone from Good to Bad (1 Viewer)

I am afraid that I too haven't been entirely satisfied with swaro after-sales service. Two months ago I sent them a pair of 8x32 swarovisions that seemed to be having problems handling glare. 8 weeks have passed and they have not been returned. I have sent emails to the facility and they have replied that they cannot find anything wrong. Fair enough, but why have they not been returned? 8 weeks seems like an inordinate amount of time for them to take a look and decide. It would not be so bad if they had been sent to Austria, but they have not. The facility is less than two ours away from me in Rhode Island or Connecticut!

I am afraid that I too haven't been entirely satisfied with swaro after-sales service. Two months ago I sent them a pair of 8x32 swarovisions that seemed to be having problems handling glare. 8 weeks have passed and they have not been returned. I have sent emails to the facility and they have replied that they cannot find anything wrong. Fair enough, but why have they not been returned? 8 weeks seems like an inordinate amount of time for them to take a look and decide. It would not be so bad if they had been sent to Austria, but they have not. The facility is less than two ours away from me in Rhode Island or Connecticut!

If you look through some of the posts, the 8x32 SV seems to have inherent glare, as part of the design. I think Holger mentioned this in his review.

HG:

This does not seem to be a warranty issue at all. Tell us more? Have you had
these long, and did you have an opportunity for return?

I find this to be a strange one, you have had the opportunity to evaluate a high
quality binocular like this. And now just a negative. |:mad:|

Jerry

Swaro service

I take back all that I kvetched about swaro after-sales service! About 2 months ago I sent an email to this forum complaining about some flare problems with my 8x32 swarovisions. After a couple of days I sent them off to swaro. Nothing much happened for 8 weeks then just a couple of days ago they sent me a completely new pair. I can still see very subtle traces of the flare issue in these new bins, but I really have to look for them and use the bins in pretty adverse conditions before they manifest. I can live with this given that they are the perfect birding bin otherwise. So kudos to swaro.

H

My single experience with Swarovski Optik North America has been stellar. I purchased a pair of Habicht SL's and had them serviced earlier this year. The process took a total of less than one month.

All these months later and the OP never followed up after making these accusations. I'd call that suspicious.

We seem to be much better served here in US, service has remained superb here.
It appears Swaro in UK and Europe has dropped the ball in terms of service.
I have sent back a scope and it came back as good as new in about three weeks.
Again, our service here in the US remains superb.
Every once in a while there are problems but they seem to get sorted pretty quickly, Swaro USA understands that they are selling premium goods and their customer expect to be treated that way after purchase.
Art

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back