• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very simple camera adapter solution for Nikon ED82! (1 Viewer)

The Kingfisher

You don´t need anything else except your Nikon ED82 and the 30xDS eyepiece to make this simple camera adapter! The adapter makes it easier to handhold your camera against the eyepiece and also (I think - haven´t tested it yet) taking pictures of flying birds.

OK, lets go..

On your 30xDS eyepiece you have a rubber protection..

Attachments

• IMG_6800red1.jpg
    IMG_6800red1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 68
..and voila - a picture! Not the best quality of the pic because of bad light/very high iso setting..but I hope you get the point anyway! :). Some vignetting with the Canon G7, but that´s life.. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_4203rednr5.jpg
    IMG_4203rednr5.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 80
Very nice adapter solution, Kevin! Nice pictures too!

I simplified my adapter by making the hole bigger on the rubber cover - slightly larger than the camera lens on the Canon G7. In this way I do not need to take off the rubber cap from the eyepiece. Instead, I can now just hold the camera at the eyepiece and take a picture. Just as I have always done when I have digiscoped. The difference now compared to before is that it is easier/faster to place the lens right where it should be, it's also easier to keep it in the same place..and that the camera lens will come closer to the eyepiece glass which reduces the blacks in the corners (see attached photos!)

Those who want a prettier hole should use a more appropriate tool than what I had access to. And those who want a cleaner eyepiece should clean it... ;)

Attachments

• IMG_4218Nyadapterlösning.jpg
    IMG_4218Nyadapterlösning.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 54
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back