• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski Price Increase January 1st, 2014 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the ''sub''-alpha's sold out at current pricing, then we would see higher prices but, I suspect, they have trouble selling at that price point.

Something that sells well commands higher prices, something that doesn't gets cut or slashed. Swaro knows it can sell SVs at these higher prices, it knows its market segment. The market rules such things.

James:

You are starting to sound like Jan. The market does determine the price,
and there are many things that go into pricing every thing we buy every day.

Some lines juggle volume vs. price. Witness Zeiss, the HT is premium
and no discounting there, as it looks like they will sell all of those
handmade models they can, Mike has told us that.
The other models will be priced to market, and Zeiss has been enjoying
having the best midrange value with the new Conqeust HD. I suspect
they are selling well, and they should.

Swarovski does not sell all alphas, it seems the CL models sell well, and also the new compacts are generating a lot of sales and the lower priced models help pay a lot of the bills.

The higher models will command a premium, and so it goes.

Jerry

OK .........

From The Kingfisher review that I mentioned above:

"Woke up this morning and thought I would use my new SLC..and then discovers that one half is completely fogged up - on the inside! Now, about 45 minutes after the discovery, the foggy thing still has not completely disappeared. My copy of the new Swarovski SLC does not seem to be particularly waterproof"...

http://www.birdforum.net/showpost.php?p=2848340&postcount=246

Does anybody actually believe this means we have heard the last from Dennis.;)
C'mon that don't count. SLC's are not true Swarovski's. They are MADE by Meopta. Everybody knows that.

Why do you guys persist with Dennis? Do you expect his behavior to change? The Ignore List is made expressly for the Dennises of the world.
You have to admit I am good at getting everybody out of the woodwork. I even got Henry riled up. What I can figure out is how he can be irritated by what I am saying if he doesn't know what I am saying. Hmmmmmm....

Last edited:
Dennis, I have inside information that other Swarovskis - Swarovisions, and whatever you are thinking of that are not SLC - are made on the Moon and shipped down under a secret China-USA agreement. So do they count as "true" Swarovski? Awaiting your decision.

Dennis, I have inside information that other Swarovskis - Swarovisions, and whatever you are thinking of that are not SLC - are made on the Moon and shipped down under a secret China-USA agreement. So do they count as "true" Swarovski? Awaiting your decision.
My point is that Swarovisions and Zeiss HT's, FL's are at a higher quality level than Meopta's and I don't consider Meopta's alpha's. Meopta's are a good glass but not alpha. Meopta's are not equal to a Swarovision or Zeiss HT and they never will be. Point taken?

Point *seen*, but... This (your post before) is the first I heard of such a connection. "Made" to what extent is relevant. My point is that one can exclude anything if one looks for reasons to do so! Also, that the make named *never will be* equal to the others in quality is just not right. It already is, or soon can be, in optical quality, and depending on market demand could be in build quality. And then there'll be discussions like this on its price increases...

Last edited:

Pomp,

I think it goes much further.
A few weeks ago I sold a SLC to a guy who was in need for a bin to see the UFO's. I thought that when he couldn't see them with a SLC no bin will.
He brought the bin back one week later because he could not discover UFO's with the SLC.(true story)
Now I understand why.
All bins made by Meopta don't show UFO's.
Dennis reveilled the ultimate "Made By" test.

Jan

Pomp

This agreement is not very secret as the factory is on the bright side of the moon and can be easily seen by anyone with a Zeiss HT.

The really secret factory is on the dark side of the moon and the products are shipped down under an even more secret North Korea - USA agreement. Even with HTs you can't see this factory although you will with the next generation HTs that will be able to see around corners due to a new version of the T* coating code-named 'Cross-eyed'.

As Dennis says, everyone knows this :-O

Lee

... I think it goes much further ... All bins made by Meopta don't show UFO's ...

Jan, it goes even further: all bins *supposed to be* made by Meopta don't show UFOs. |:S|

... I thought that when he couldn't see them with a SLC no bin will[ show them] ...

Lee, are you letting that go? If you do I'll have to seriously doubt those claims about HTs in your last post. |:(|

Meanwhile, Swarovski prices... |8.|

Jan, it goes even further: all bins *supposed to be* made by Meopta don't show UFOs. |:S|

Lee, are you letting that go? If you do I'll have to seriously doubt those claims about HTs in your last post. |:(|

Meanwhile, Swarovski prices... |8.|

Pomp

Jan's post was prior to mine, he is still stunned by my news about HTs superiority and hasn't yet decided how to respond.

Perhaps he is consulting his lovely wife, Anne.

Lee

This is what happens to forums without a little, reasonable moderation.

What a freakin' waste.

This is what happens to forums without a little, reasonable moderation.

What a freakin' waste.

Dont take it so seriously, people just having some fun. When you sit in the bar with friends this kinda stuff happens, it's part of the act of communicating. ;)

CSG, sorry to irritate. I'm all for tight, economical writing where very appropriate, but here I think Perterra's comment is spot on B :), and I'm sure you'll agree this is better than a discussion swinging to the other side of the emotional spectrum, which too, unfortunately, happens here sometimes. Between Lee and me it's a personal feud - he praises the Zeiss Victory HT, a model he owns - so I diss it when I get the chance to address him on it - all in good fun!

CSG, sorry to irritate. I'm all for tight, economical writing where very appropriate, but here I think Perterra's comment is spot on B :), and I'm sure you'll agree this is better than a discussion swinging to the other side of the emotional spectrum, which too, unfortunately, happens here sometimes. Between Lee and me it's a personal feud - he praises the Zeiss Victory HT, a model he owns - so I diss it when I get the chance to address him on it - all in good fun!

Pomp,

Please don't stimulate Lee.
I need all the help I can get on this front, since even Anne is on his side :C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back