• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any Questions Ask Here ! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparantly a couple of members have tried to access birdforum without success. Any suggestions how they can get back in?

Thanks.

Someone still can't access BF?

The only thing we can suggest is to clear both your content cache and your DNS cache. The cache holds a copy of the content of BF, whilst the DNS cache remembers the information that connect http://www.birdforum.net to a certain server. I think this only exists under Windows ME, 200 and above, but don't hold me to that :)

To clear your content cache in Internet Explorer:

1. Go to Tools > Internet Options
  2. Under the 'General' tab, under Temporary Internet Files, click 'Delete Files' and click ok on the window that comes up.
  3. Close the Internet Options dialog box.
  4. Restart Internet Explorer, and try and visit the site again.
To clear your DNS Cache in Windows:
  1. Open a command prompt (Start > Run > Command.com or Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.
  2. Type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter.
  3. Close the command prompt, the close all open internet browser windows, and reopen and try visiting the site again.
If this still doesn't work, your ISP is still caching the old server. If you consider yourself an advanced user, you might like to try changing your DNS server to a different one (search on google for more information).

Otherwise, all you can do is be patient.

Steve said:
Any Questions Ask Here !

O.K.
Here's one my son asked me last week- "Who designed Friday?" :h?:

I couldn't think of an answer, but apparently he got it wrong, whoever he was!

Obviously you are having problems. I can't open Gallery Home to upload any photos, all My gallery has gone, allI get is that below would you explain what it means.

tf

Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/bird/public_html/pp_gallery/pp-inc.php on line 2355

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: convert_markups() in /home/bird/public_html/pp_gallery/index.php on line 147

helenol said:
Thanks very much Ollie, I'll pass this info to them.

Cheers.
Hi Helen - finally managed to get back on this morning. I hadn't cleared my DNS cache so I suspect it was the Pipex DNS servers that took a while to catch up.

I have emailed a few people who I have noticed havn't got back on just in case they didn't know we were up and running again ( Checked in members list to see if posting was dated December first though) couldn't find Ollies instuctions about getting up and running(just found them here now) .
Any chance of Ollies getting back on instructions been put up in the "Members Noice Board" on a sticky. Just in case other people want to email other members who have not managed to get back on - at least we could copy and paste them in the email.

I don't think the email notification is working. I use to get an email, when someone posted to a thread I was subscribed to. Will this be fixed?

Oh yeah! I forget, why are UFOs bunk again?

Mike

weather said:
I don't think the email notification is working. I use to get an email, when someone posted to a thread I was subscribed to. Will this be fixed?

Oh yeah! I forget, why are UFOs bunk again?

Mike

Mike, are you sure your settings didn't get messed up with the crash? I had to reset some of mine.
You can do this by going into 'My Profile' in the red banner above, and click on 'Edit Options'..... in there, you'll see if you're set to receive email notices or not.

HTH.

Tammie said:
Mike, are you sure your settings didn't get messed up with the crash? I had to reset some of mine.
You can do this by going into 'My Profile' in the red banner above, and click on 'Edit Options'..... in there, you'll see if you're set to receive email notices or not.

HTH.

Yep. One of the first things I checked H. Thanks though!

Mike

OK! All fixed. I forgot that I changed my email address after December. I had to put in new address, and now it's Honky Dorry!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back