• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camcorder recordings to dvd help please? (1 Viewer)

Abbeybirder

I currently have a few camcorder recording on my computer but would like to upload them on to dvd I have tried in the past but to no avail just wondered if any of you good people have any ideas or know of any good software that would help

My files are currently AVCHD Video (.MTS) hope this may help in your replies

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread

Adrian

If you want software recommendations you'll need to tell us which OS you are using.

If you google `burn mts to dvd' you will get a number of instructions, many of them involving software you have to pay for, but which tends to make live quite easy.

Alternatively, there is the free Handbrake which runs on a number of OSs. You can use this to convert your files to mp4, and you can then use a DVD burner program (eg Burn for OS X) to burn it to dvd. This requires a bit more computer savviness, but not a lot.

Andrea

Serif are offering a free download of a presumeably cutdown version their Movie Plus software. It is one of the easier packages to use and will allow you to edit your clips etc..
It will allow you to burn your clips to dvd in a format that will work on a tv cd player, computer at a number of resolutions. If nothing else you can learn from it.

Look carefully at their recommended computer hardware requirements. These will apply to any package you use as rendering the video data at high resolutions is a resource heavy activity that is never fast.

Be aware that many people have favourite ways of doing what you are going to do and its worth going on the Internet as Andrea says and reading reviews etc to find the easiest way. Most packages do far more than you need. You are looking for something that is fast at the writing stage, you are not trying to produce a 'Gone with the Wind'.

I have tried several paid for software packages in the past and they all annoyed me, the only reason I mentioned Serif is that you can download it for free and I found it least frustrating, but that is purely a personal view.

Reading up Nero 2014 it says that it will do what you want already unless you are into 4K video and you need the platinum version. Unfortunately I am not a Nero user so can't really comment on it really.

What are the problems you have met?

J

Last edited:
Many thanks folks I have just managed to download my first dvd now all I have to do is learn to mute all the back ground noise - used Nero 2014 through recode and then nero video so anyone got any hints on how to mute background noise before I waste another disc please?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back