• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bald Eagles (1 Viewer)

Well as it is every year the raptor viewing is just outstanding this year in the Chewelah valley about 40 miles north of Spokane Wa. They are especially in mass out on the farm to market rd towards the west of hiway 395.I counted no less than 27 adult Bald Eagles,5 immies,numerous Redtail hawks,several Rough-legged hawks,several Kestrels,1 Harrier ,1 Prairie falcon,1 Golden eagle,
1 shrike and too many ravens/crows/magpies to count.
I am hoping to go down tomorrow or the next day to do some photography....
KF

I've never heard of this place! What draws them here?

Would absolutely love to see this -- hope you get some good pics and get them up on the gallery. The Prairie Falcon would be a lifer.

Actually we have the Prairie Falcons frequently around here in Eastern Washington.We also have Gyrfalcons.If its a really bad winter up north we get the snowy owls down here.I have spent over an hour back in 1982 following and watching a snowy owl in the fields hunting near Kettle falls Wa. The valley has a river that flows through it,Agricultural fields throughout ,with pine/fir forests around that.Alot of water fowl especially Canadian Geese.Starlings,Robins,Sparrows galore.Mild in the valley usually.We have no snow in the valley at this time and the deer are way to abundant here,winter kills are prevalent throughout the fileds.....KF

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back