• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Does anyone . . . (1 Viewer)

Deano69

Hi does anyone actually digiscope with a mobile phone ?

I have not ever been into digiscoping but have messed around with an old camera / mobile phone held or temporarily attached to a scope or monocular and the results were ok but just ok.

I have been told that even the most expensive camera and scope will take a pic but not of brilliant quality,

He also said most people getting into it will be very disappointed in the results. The pics i took of a woodpigeon and 2 oyster catchers came out ok but what you see on the screen looks great sharp and clear with brilliant colours but once photo taken the result is nothing like what you saw on camera screen ?

I have used my Nokia n8 phone with Carl Zeiss lens and 12mega pixels on another woodpigeon and same again blurry dull and just ok, and this phone is capable of brilliant pics but i had scope on a tripod pigeon around 80 yards away i used self timer to capture as didnt want to wobble but still same result an ok pic which did capture the pigeon pretty well and even rain drops as weather was terrible but i was indoors looking at a distant fence it was on.

All the settings were on auto but i can set in my own settings if needed such as iso, white balance, colour, pixel size etc etc or are phones just not up to the job ?

Deano

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back