• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

TX species missing in Eastern Sibley (1 Viewer)

Tailorbird2

Hello,

my Texas trip is coming up. Now I have realized that in Sibley's Eastern field guide some species are missing. According to Sibley's website this is true for the ‘Trans-Pecos’ species. Interestingly Painted Redstart e. g. is incluced in the Eastern guide although not being distributed east of Big Bend. Since I have both Western and Eastern Guide but do neither want to carry both nor buy and carry the complete North America guide I am looking for a list of Texan species missing in the Eastern one so I can just copy the specific pages. Does such a list exist?

Last edited:
Suspect there aren't too many species missing from the Eastern Sibley in the Trans-Pecos. An alternative is to get the Sibley app if you have a smartphone. That has everything in and you won't need to carry an extra book.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back