• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds in Art (1 Viewer)

peter mathios

I've been enjoying the Wildlife Art Gallery portion of this site and am amazed by the level of talent consistently showing in there. There is a show in the US that I have participated in a couple of times called 'Birds in Art' at the Leigh Yawkee Woodson Art Museum. It attracts artists from around the globe and is one of the most respected bird art exhibitions in the world. Getting accepted is difficult (I'm 2 for 6), but if you get in, there is no experience like it. The artists posting regularly into the gallery should seriously consider sending images for consideration. The deadline is in mid-April and the website is www.lywam.org. The prospectus is available right off the website. I'm looking forward to seeing more inspiring work in the birdforum gallery...

All the Best,
Peter Mathios
www.mathiosstudios.net

Kudos for putting that out there!
I entered a couple of years ago with a sculpture, but they don't seem accept a lot of work that is less respresentational and more abstract (of course, it could have just been the caliber of my work, but why would I want to admit to that?). I might do it again this year. My work has taken a bit of a turn and it is time to try it out there again.

Good luck to anyone out there participating!!

Elizabeth

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back