• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which is regarded as best Colour Mode on D70 (1 Viewer)

tuftyhill

I've had my D70 for over 18 months but have not really looked at which is the best 'Color Mode' setting in the Custom set-up.
There are three options

1. Ia(sRGB)
2. II (Adobe RGB)
3. IIIa(sRGB)

I have been using Adobe RGB, because I use Photoshop but not sure if it is the best setting.
One problem I have been having recently (since installing my new LG TFT monitor) is when opening an image up in PS I get a warning telling me

The monitor profile "LGM1917TM" appears to be defective. Please rerun your monitor calibration software - which I have done but still the message comes up. It then gives two options :-

1. Ignore Profile

2. Use anyway

Not sure which is best to select with them also.

If I select Use Anyway I then get three further options :-

1. Use the embedded profile instead of the Working Space
2. Convert documents colour's to the Working Space
3. Discard the embedded profile (don't colour match)

I suppose setting the correct Colour Space on the camera is the first step ?

Regards
Paul

Paul, I'm no expert but rule of thumb is
Colour Mode 1 for portraits
II for pictures 2 be edited later
III for vivid colours in nature / landscapes
But shooting raw with no in camera adjustments I find is best, so I leave RAW on II and change it in either Capture NX or CS2 depending on what result I'm after.
Regards
Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back