• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Our first egg!!! (1 Viewer)

congratulations on the fledgling birds i can hear little chicks from inside our nest but havent got a camera in the box hopelfully they will fledge soon

(Post number 600!!!!!!!!!!!! i am now officially hooked o:) o:) )

glad that they were ok after reading many sad stories, am going to put an open fronted box up next week with the camera in it & hope to get something else to set up home.

I was about to set out an 'all points bulletin' on you guys, waiting to hear the final outcome of these two nests....now where oh where is Yve, his little suvivors should be/have fledged now also.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Three Cheers, Richard.
This has been an excellent thread, and I'll finish toasting when we hear from the one who started it all!
Shelley

Well, my latest news is that we still have 3 chicks in the nest box.
There's a lot of wing flapping and stretching going on so I don't think it will be long now before they fledge - One had a flutter upto the hole today.
I'll let you all know when the big event has happened

Nest Watch said:
We have a daily diary and web cam at www.picture-room.co.uk/nestwatch

Regards

Andy

Andy, it looked like (as of 7:50pm) two of yours had fledged, but it seems there are still the 6 there, which brings me to a question, do Blue Tits return to the nest once fledged at all? If so, is it common or not?

My neighbours Great Tits mainly fledged Sunday morning (one remained in the box) and headed up the tree right to almost the top, quite impressive for bairns!
Not sure where they are today though.

We just had baby Blue Tits flying around our garden, joy to see.

Nice light right now for the camera, gonna see if I can catch some shots.

Well, it looks as though it's all over for this year.
Took a look this morning and the nest was bare - so that's 3 chicks successfully fledged from 11 eggs.
We have spotted the parents around the shrubs where the feeder is and can hear the babies calling - so we may yet get another glance of them.

Good luck to them all!! :t:

Yve said:
Well, it looks as though it's all over for this year.
Took a look this morning and the nest was bare - so that's 3 chicks successfully fledged from 11 eggs.
We have spotted the parents around the shrubs where the feeder is and can hear the babies calling - so we may yet get another glance of them.

Good luck to them all!! :t:

:clap: :clap: :clap: B :)

Three more into the world. I hope all three survive to make their own nests next year in your yard!

All that remains is the mystery of the missing chicks...
That is an incredibly high mortality rate, so many eggs, so few chicks.
Thanks again for including us in this wonderful happening.
shelley

Mine have also now fledged! 2 or 3 fledged on Wednesday, 1 yesterday, and either 4, 5, or 6 today (confusion with counting lol)! So my birds were successful which is great. It is very noisy outside with the babies being fed! Coincidentally I just saw one of the fledglings in the back garden being fed by one of the parents. It was absolutely amazing to see them all fledge, and I hope I get them nesting next year too!

tp20uk said:
Mine have also now fledged! 2 or 3 fledged on Wednesday, 1 yesterday, and either 4, 5, or 6 today (confusion with counting lol)! So my birds were successful which is great. It is very noisy outside with the babies being fed! Coincidentally I just saw one of the fledglings in the back garden being fed by one of the parents. It was absolutely amazing to see them all fledge, and I hope I get them nesting next year too!

Three cheers to you, too, David. :clap: :clap: :clap:
I know you were real antsy at the beginning of the season.
Glad you had so many fledge.
shelley

Thanks shelley. It was great! I didn't expect so many, and it was wonderful to see them all coming out. I have lots of nestboxes and this one was one that was replaced with a new RSPB one on a tree. I put it in the back garden. I didn't expect it to be used and the new one ignored!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back