• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

magpie died looking for a new one (1 Viewer)

biffabacon

HI all i live in st helens merseyside i have just had a magpie young. he or she had been pushed out the runt of the litter as you might say. i have had the bird 3 days waking to its calls to feed it i was giving it dried meal worm souit but mixing it with water and using a shiringe to feed it it was doing ok then an hour after i went to feed it again and it was gone |8|| which upset my daughter she does dont accept why he died any got a baby for free to good home please or know of anybobdy thanks all

Hi biffabacon and a warm welcome to you on behalf of the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sorry this youngster died, but unfortunately it is so common. It's extremely difficult to raise a young bird without a lot of experience.

D

Hello and welcome, I don't think you will find anyone giving up a baby on here - most of us are into watching the birds in the wild.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back