• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

XinJiang, China (1 Viewer)

eman

Hi Guys,

I will visit Xinjiang, the most northeastern province of China, in the summer. I wonder if someone here visited the area or knows the birds, especially the birds of prey, in the area. Thanks.

Eric

Hi, Eric! I see this is your first post, so a warm welcome to you from all of us on staff here at BirdForum!

I also moved your post from the BOP forum as more folks will see it here and hopefully be able to help. :t:

eman said:
Hi Guys,

I will visit Xinjiang, the most northeastern province of China, in the summer. I wonder if someone here visited the area or knows the birds, especially the birds of prey, in the area. Thanks.

Eric

Hi Eman,
I have been to Xinjiang many times, unfortunately only once birding. Black eared kites were by far the most common bird of prey, I counted 20 in one small valley. Other notable birds on this quick trip were Rose Coloured Starling, Rufous Tailed Shrike, Isabelline Wheatear, Rufous Tailed Rock Thrush, Fire Fronted Serin, Common Rosefinch and Horned Lark

Hopefully I will be there again later this year, I have not been since June 04

Cheers
Nick

ChinaBirds said:
Hi Eman,
I have been to Xinjiang many times, unfortunately only once birding. Black eared kites were by far the most common bird of prey, I counted 20 in one small valley. Other notable birds on this quick trip were Rose Coloured Starling, Rufous Tailed Shrike, Isabelline Wheatear, Rufous Tailed Rock Thrush, Fire Fronted Serin, Common Rosefinch and Horned Lark

Hopefully I will be there again later this year, I have not been since June 04

Cheers
Nick

Thanks, Nick.

I thought that I would re activate this thread with a similar request. We are off to Xinjiang in the summer (and then to Lhasa overland) and were wondering if anyone has any information on the birds and where there are good places to see them in this area.
Thanks
Tony

Hi
Thanks for that although the site is in Chinese which makes it difficult(!). I would appreciate any info from your trip in May. Thanks again
Tony

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back