• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Memory card (1 Viewer)

Hawkeye

I have been digi-scoping since December last year using a Leica Digilux 1 with a Leica 77APO.
And it seems that the images I am getting do not seem to be as clear and sharp.
I am wondering if the memory card is starting to degrade, has anyone else either has the same experience or any thoughts on this ?

I would have thought that if the memory card was deteriorating it would throw up errors on storing/transferring pictures rather than the quality - the data is digital and therefore not prone to quality. Could it be the ccd in the camera?

The memory card is a solid state memory device.... so you'd either get an image or an unreadable corrupted image, not a degraded image.
Have you noticed a degraded image in comparison to what you used to get with the camera? I've never been a fan of the Digilux for digiscoping, but I thought the images were acceptable enough.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back