• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Crow/Raven, PA (1 Viewer)

MLoyko

d[-_-]b
Hi all,

I know this is for wild birds and I apologize but it's really bugging me. This guy was in a pen at a local zoo and labeled Raven but it was clearly calling perfectly as a crow before I even saw the pen and said to my gilfriend "weird it sounds like that crow is in an exhibit". I feel like this is a stupid post but can someone help me out lol

Thanks,
Matt

Attachments

• IMG_0370.JPG
    IMG_0370.JPG
    222.7 KB · Views: 143
Ravens have a vast repertoire of calls. But they can also mimic. This poor bird was probably so bored, it was amusing itself with sampling American Crow. Bolt-croppers should get it back up in the sky. Great sadness to see the "Voice of the Wild" in a chicken run. :(

This zoo is local and has many birds (and animals) that I felt terrible for. @ Red-tails, 2 Barn Owls, a golden and Bald Eagle, Barred owl, and two Peregrine Falcons. The wolves and the lynx/bobcats looked rather sad. Of course they were probably in because of injury.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back