• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pocket guides (1 Viewer)

reg

just got "The New Birdwatcher's Pocket Guide to Britain and Europe" from Mitchell Beazley.
can't make up my mind if i like it as much as my old one - "Birds of Britain and North-west europe" from Pica Press. the colours look a little dark but the amount of illustrations is very good.
anyone else like this new one?

I've stuck with my old Mitchell Beazley for years, Reg. It's all I usually take out with me, although I did pick up 'Birds by Character' by Rob Hulme. It's basically a 'jizz' book which settles for the birds' manner and character as opposed to colour, markings etc. Pretty neat if you ask me.

Not seen the new Mitchell Beasley book but the old one was fantastic for its size. The only minus point was that the species were not in the usual Voous order that most guide follow.

Colin

yep this new Mitchell Beasley book has grow on me. it sure is light to carry, with a good few drawings of each bird but on the downside it does not give the size of the birds nor location maps. which to someone new to birdwatching like myself is not too good. i've just wrote the sizes next to the names in pencil so it's OK now.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back