• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Moving to Hungary (1 Viewer)

Jacana

Will Jones
Spain
Hi all,

I recently accepted a position at the University of Debrecen, so I will be moving there for a year or so. It's going to be an exciting adventure for lots of reasons, not least the birding opportunities!

Are there any people in or around Debrecen here who would like a birding companion or who can tell me more about the local birding hotspots (Hortobagy needs no introduction!)?

The chances are that this won't help you Will, but maybe ...

I went on a couple of birding tours in Hungary about five years ago, where the local tour leader was Zsolt Vegvari, who taught conservation biology at the University of Debrecen, and was a keen birder and all-round nice guy. Sadly I've lost his contact details.

All the best.

Hi all,

I recently accepted a position at the University of Debrecen, so I will be moving there for a year or so. It's going to be an exciting adventure for lots of reasons, not least the birding opportunities!

Are there any people in or around Debrecen here who would like a birding companion or who can tell me more about the local birding hotspots (Hortobagy needs no introduction!)?

I looked at the hotspots around Debrecen on eBird. One name keeps appearing - Tamas Zeke. It appears that he is active and has the longest lists at a number of local sites.
Fortunately his profile is public. Looking at a couple of links it appears that he is a molecular biologist at Debrecen. Email address zeke700707 at yahoo.com.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back