• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (6 Viewers)

Interesting developments Arthur...

Have to agree. I haven't paid much attention to the art world recently but I think this type of odd juxtaposition is fairly popular there now. But for me I'd stick with two different paintings.

On the other hand sometimes you just HAVE to try what you know you shouldn't.

This just goes on getting better and better. You should paint more gulls Arthur, they fit your clean style like the proverbial hand in the proverbial glove.

Mike

Hi Arthur, they both look as if they seem to smile. Their English name is so boring, but in German they are called laughing seagulls... very fitting here.

Great stuff Arthur! There's simply not enough gulls on this forum full stop! It's nice to see both the humble BHG and the rather classier Med receive your full attention here. Some very well handled tones here, sir.

Russ

Lovely finished piece Arthur. Full of light and excellent portrayals of these 2 gulls. Both showing their individual characters as species. Med Gull has got to be one of my all-time favourite birds. I never tire of seeing them. This surely does them justice. Love it!

Great final montage of the gulls, Arthur! Gulls are nice subjects. Plus, if I'm drawing or painting them, I don't worry about not being able to figure out which year juvenile plumage they are in...!

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back