• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mhg 10x42 (1 Viewer)

dries1

A question for other Nikon MHG owners, I have the 8X42 MHG and I really like the glass, wide FOV, bright, portable and light, and easy viewing - perfect to pack for a long day out in the field.
The pic below shows the size compared to other 8x32s and the MHG is approximately the same weight as the EDG 8X32 at 665 grams, the Zeiss is the best light 8X32 IMHO there is in the market, and the lightest by over 100 grams at 550, the HG 8X32 far right is 715 grams.
I am thinking about the MHG 10X42 and any comments of present or past owners (sold them) would be welcome.

A.W.

Last edited:
I read through your post several times, and could not find a question anywhere. We have one, and would be glad to answer any question you might have.

How dies it compare to other 10X42s, I know the field of view is 6.9 degrees which is large for a 10X42, but other aspects such as the optics, does it have good contrast, edge sharpness, and is there any excessive pincushion distortion.

A.W.

How dies it compare to other 10X42s, I know the field of view is 6.9 degrees which is large for a 10X42, but other aspects such as the optics, does it have good contrast, edge sharpness, and is there any excessive pincushion distortion.

A.W.
Yes, yes, and no. Of course, your eyes might see things quite differently.

The FOV in the MHG as well as the size and weight is luring, but for now I am using a EDG 10X42 with a 6.5 degree FOV and a bit heavier at 790 grams vs the MHG at 680, getting used to it holding steady.

A.W.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back