• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Sebzwo (1 Viewer)

Sebzwo

Hello Birdforum,

being some long time lurker I registered today finally. I'm especially interested in binoculars. No birder myself, at least not especially, no hunter, no astro guy. I just like to take some bino for a walk and watch the landscape, some birds or wild animals and the odd aircraft or two. Yesterday for example I walked though the sunny Ahrtal wineries not far from the river Rhine with my 10x50.

I have some super robust 7x40 east german Zeiss military EDF (actually nuclear radiation proof for WW3 just in case), an old west german Steiner Military Commander 7x50 and my Docter Nobilem 10x50.

I follow the industry news with interest as I prefer more classic binos like Porros and not the latest overhyped contemporary stuff. I watch with regrets how everything gets streamlined and built in big asian factories more and more. There is nothing wrong with Asia btw. I just prefer old school different styles and brands and specific styles like Abbe Koenig prisms for a Zeiss and such.

It sometimes looks like the old bino era comes to an end now as the military doesn't buy the old numbers of binoculars anymore and consumers as well might opt for more electronic viewing-devices with video or night vision capabilities and such. At least it looks like companies research money has shifted this way already.

Hi Sebzwo and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi Seb, nice of you to join us here. Enjoy your visits, there are many members here who still love the old classic binos.

Lee

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Hello Sebzwo, just wanted to add one more welcome to the forum. Nice of you to join in.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back