• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eagle Optics Scope (1 Viewer)

It is like any beginner scope. On the plus side 78mm gives some view on cloudy days at 45x, on the minus side not great for eye glass wearers and eye piece is pretty much fixed. I never tried to take it out as the other one is no loger sold.

They are marked down recently at the canadian site, so price wise its good. Thanks for the post back.

Picked up a new straight Raven for $199 from my local Wild Birds Unlimited store as a scope to leave in the car for 'emergency' sightings and was quite impressed with its view! Put it next to my ED scope and did comparisons on viewing a very cooperative Mourning Dove that stayed put in one spot for about ten minutes, about 25-30 feet away from the scopes. ED glass scope did very slightly better in detail & brightness but the Raven had a very sharp view up to 45x, slight/noticeable color fringing on the Raven at 50-60x, but overall a great view for a $199 scope! Make a great first time or backup scope for most any situation!

The original post was about the Raven.

I dropped mine and it had a very minor crack on the objective lens that caused no problem. Nevertheless I had it repaired. It cost me 20 dollars. I gather I cannot get further repairs so cheap, the warranty after the first repair refers only to manufacturintg faults, not damage by me.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back