• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Russian Redpolls and Waxwings from the Far East (1 Viewer)

Vincent van der Spek

Hi there!

Last year I summarized Redpoll ringing recoveries between China and Europe in an online article. Since there was a topic on last year's invasion, I shared it here on BirdForum.

Since quite a few people seemed to appreciate this, I dug a little deeper!

Russian Redpolls
I now summarized Redpoll recoveries from other parts in Asia in this short online note.

Wandering Waxwings
And, to top it off, I also summarized all known Waxwings ringed in Europe and recovered in Asia, inspired by the recoveries mentioned by Jurek on the aforementioned BirdForum threat.
They can cover spectacular distances. And some of these birds were actually ringed in... Bohemia! ;)

To those interested: thank you, and enjoy the reading!
Vincent

PS Questions or remarks are very welcome.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back