• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Grey Heron, carving. (1 Viewer)

mark richards

United Kingdom
Hi all, not done any art for a long while, I don't seem to get the time, but hopefully that will change..
this was carved out of lime wood and painted with acrylics.

Attachments

• DSC_6632_8893.JPG
    DSC_6632_8893.JPG
    383.8 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC_6636_8897.JPG
    DSC_6636_8897.JPG
    281.6 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_6641_8902.JPG
    DSC_6641_8902.JPG
    212.3 KB · Views: 52
I generally do not pay much attention to bird carvings as generally they are cheap, mass produced items that bear little or no resemblance to the actual birds that they are trying to portray.

HOWEVER, in this case I was simply blown away by the superb detailing and intricacy of the work. It is a work of pure genius and would look good in anyone's home.

This must have taken ages and was obviously a labour of love.

If you have any more examples please share.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back