• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Multimedia views (1 Viewer)

lmans66

Out Birding....
Supporter
United States
has anyone used / purchased one of these. Essentially a way to download anywhere from 40-120gb of data from your camera while in the field. You can view it, zoom in and look for detail to see if you got the shot etc... A screen is about 4 "... Epson P3000 P6000 or P7000 depending on how much GB storage you need.

They run from around $300 to $800 for top GB. I am thinking of getting one for the laptops I have are bulky to take on road and the screen is not sharp. Looks interesting, will have to find a buy.
See B&H photo in NYC and search Multimedia viewers.....

Hi Imans,

Yes, there are quite a few of the Photo Storage Devices available. As well as Epson, other popular makes are Archos, Jobo and Hyperdrive. I've used a Jobo for the past five years but it's recently been replaced by a Netbook. These ultra-small PCs cost about the same as a PSD, have similar disk sizes, much bigger/better screen, similar battery life but can do so much more than any PSD. Their only disadvantage is that they're about twice the size of a PSD. But, for me, that's outweighed by their advantages.

With the price of memory cards what it is now, you can a lot of flash memory for the price of one of these hard disk based devices.

With the price of memory cards what it is now, you can a lot of flash memory for the price of one of these hard disk based devices.
Well, for the £270 you'd pay for an AAO with 160GB you'd be able to get about 50GB of decent CF storage.

Oh I know the difference in price is quite a bit when you look at GB compared to memory sticks... When I go to Ecuador, I am down there for a month or two each summer and need something (would like something) to view photos. In the past I use a laptop but it is harder to lug around and the images are not all that great given I usually purchase cheaper laptops. So I am thinking a media viewer would be just perfect. I can hold a ton of photos, view them at night, discard the ones I don't etc... I was just wondering about quality and more yet, the quality of image on them.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back