• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch Garten Ospreys (1 Viewer)

Hi Tiger,

Thanks that is wonderful news I have been staying up late as I didn't want to switch on tomorrow first thing and be disappointed again.

Ann

Is this Henry??

Attachments

• osprey0005.jpg
    osprey0005.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 137
  • osprey0006.jpg
    osprey0006.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
At this early stage in the proceedings I really do wish the RSPB could up-date the Loch Garten Osprey diary frequently - every other day too much to ask? There's so much speculation about any different bird seen and we don't know who it is from Harry (or Henry?!) When this excitement has abated a bit it's not so crucial that the diary is frequent.

I appreciate the staff at the centre are so busy with visitors and the caper watch - I presume it's RSPB staff at another office who are responsible for the updates. Can we have one today please??!!

Sandra
:flowers:

Sandra (Taylor) said:
At this early stage in the proceedings I really do wish the RSPB could up-date the Loch Garten Osprey diary frequently - every other day too much to ask? There's so much speculation about any different bird seen and we don't know who it is from Harry (or Henry?!) When this excitement has abated a bit it's not so crucial that the diary is frequent.

I appreciate the staff at the centre are so busy with visitors and the caper watch - I presume it's RSPB staff at another office who are responsible for the updates. Can we have one today please??!!

Sandra
:flowers:
I totally agree. It seems stupid that we are left in the dark about what is happening. Indeed websites in general are updated woefully slowly.

I am getting very excited that it could be Henry I know a lot of people are rooting for him but what about poor old orange is he going to fail again. I do feel sorry for him in a way.
I have downloaded loads of pictures to try and get a closer look at the legs of the bird perched on the branch but can't quite make it out. Is it Henry? it looks like we will have to wait. Its a shame we don't know anyone in the know just to put us all straight as to who it is or isn't.

I have just noticed a phone number on the website, does anyone know whether that is the centre.
I have just refreshed the webcam and caught the mystery bird just about to land on the nest, I can see a metal ring on the left leg but no ring on the right, it could be Henry after all, he lost his plastic ring but was left with the metal one on the left.

Attachments

• video18a.jpg
    video18a.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Saphire said:
I am getting very excited that it could be Henry I know a lot of people are rooting for him but what about poor old orange is he going to fail again. I do feel sorry for him in a way.
I have downloaded loads of pictures to try and get a closer look at the legs of the bird perched on the branch but can't quite make it out. Is it Henry? it looks like we will have to wait. Its a shame we don't know anyone in the know just to put us all straight as to who it is or isn't.
Poor old Orange VS has his own nest and his own wife! That is where he went when he took off last year.

Why dont a few of us email the RSPB and if ask if they could post updates as they happen.

We dont need to know how many packets of biscuits they went through or who bought them 3:) (I dont anyway), but that we would like to keep up with developments as they happen.

They have a bullet point board in the hide, telling of the days events, eg what birds are about, how many fish were caught. Could they not post this every day on the web. It would only take 5 mins.

Last edited:
Sandra (Taylor) said:
God idea Kas. A polite request can't go amiss. I'm going to do that right away.

Sandra

Whats the correct email address to use ? as there are a few different ones.I agree with Sandra,that politeness is the best way of hopefully getting a result.

Ben Nevis said:
Whats the correct email address to use ? as there are a few different ones.I agree with Sandra,that politeness is the best way of hopefully getting a result.

I am not sure which address to email but maybe Sandra could let us know. Politeness is the way to go, sorry if my post sounded sarcastic, it was meant to sound funny. I added a smilie just to show.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back