• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A "Punk" Hummer (1 Viewer)

Old Jim

Let me introduce you to "Scruffy". He is my local bully. He has been with me for more than a year now. Just curious why his head feathers are so ruffled. Anyone know why? I think he is just a young male trying to keep up with the rest of the Punkers.

PB103069.jpg

Thanks KC for your comment. Scruffy must be on alert all the time. I have never seen his head feathers down except when he is flying. When I am outside taking pictures of my other birds he will sit in the bushes next to me for hours on end always with the feathers up. At least I can keep track of him that way.

I'm sure this is an Costa Humming bird. It's gordet (?) is more prevalent than the Annas. Sometimes its hard for me to tell.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back