• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How do I copy and paste from a PDF file? (1 Viewer)

matt green

Norfolkman gone walkabout
I'm trying to translate some info from the dutch site Kikkertspesialisten into english, however the text I wish to copy and paste is from a PDF file and my usuall method of right clicking and copying does not seem to work!!

Lots of tools for enlarging etc on the tool bar but have yet to find one that allows me to save blocks of text so I can later paste it into an online translation box!!!!

Matt

Should be a button at the top of the screen marked 'select'. Mine has a hand and a camera either side of it. Click this first then proceed as normal.

Dave

Left click and hold to highlight the text you want. Then Ctrl and C to copy the text - go to where you want to paste it and then Ctrl and V.

Nev

In my version its called the snapshot tool, just drag it around the bit you want and it copies it straight to the clipboard

If the pdf has been created from a scan of a document, then the text may be an image rather than text, in which case you won't be able to copy it.

as rezMole said it might be a scan rather than text, or it might be copy protected. If you post a link to the document I'll see what I can do.

Much thanks for the replies everyone, I eventually managed to find the text select tool in the tool bar!!

Matt

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back