• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Pictures (4 Viewers)

Lovely Arthur. As Nick rightly points out, the looseness of the background adds another dimension to this delightful little painting.

Mike

Thankyou all.
Here's little un. on a red hot poker.

Wet and dismal here. Having a cuppa this morning when these popped into veiw out of the stream.Their nesting burrows are about half a mile away and about the same again to the sea / marsh. Another tick for in the garden.
Certainly brightened up the day.

Attachments

• Picture 476.jpg
    Picture 476.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_0273.jpg
    DSC_0273.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_0298.jpg
    DSC_0298.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 62
I can see a series of these wrens coming along, really great design. Shelducks in the garden now, whatever next?!

Thankyou both.
just a few of the sketches of my garden visitors

Attachments

• Picture 477.jpg
    Picture 477.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Picture 478.jpg
    Picture 478.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Picture 479.jpg
    Picture 479.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 66
Terrific visitors to the garden Arthur - and what a superb job you've made of the encounter. More than a few of these are just a bit special!

Awww, those are just adorable! Loved the scetches of them as well, and the wren painting was another one that really made me smile. :) :)

Some 'garden'... Have the RSPB shown any interest in purchasing your reserve Arthur?

Great shelducklings, and Tim's suggestion of 'a slice of burnt sienna' sounds good. There's a creche of up to about twenty shelducklings on one of the scrapes at elmley at the moment. They spend a lot of their time avoiding the avocets, which seem to hate them for some reason!

That second little wren's a corker too, I love that pose, and the bee is a lovely touch. The combination of garden flowers with familiar, (and cute), garden birds makes a very commercial mix so cards would be a good bet...

Mike

I'm especially totally in love with that little fellow at the bottom right corner. Awww... Always wanted to see a baby shelduck. Maybe I'll be lucky this year, there's a pair hanging around near by...

Elina

thankyou all.
Started this one off at last.
I put the photo in for you Mike.Taken about 0345 hrs.another tick for in the garden.

Attachments

• L1130212.jpg
    L1130212.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 66
  • L1130218.jpg
    L1130218.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC_0472.jpg
    DSC_0472.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 83

Users who are viewing this thread

Back