• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New here, 1st Anna's Pic (1 Viewer)

julieah3

Hello All,

I'm excited to find this site and begin learning.

I live in Oregon and have a resident Anna's Hummingbird, male who hangs around my window near the feeder. I call him Gazoo after some old cartoon character - actually this is Gazoo III since he's the third male to try to dominate one of my feeders.

Just got a Canon PowerShot and finally got a decent photo. I'm hoping it's attached(?)

I look forward to learning of others experiences and sharing photos!

julieah

Attachments

• Gazoo - hg, lg.jpg
    Gazoo - hg, lg.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Hi julieah,

A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the Moderators and Admin. Glad to have you on board :t:

Lovely shot - I look forward to seeing more of your photos.

Hello and welcome to the forum, that is indeed an excellent shot of this fellow. You should post it in the gallery so more will see it.

Hi Lisa, Andy & Robin

Thank you for the tip about posting my photo in the gallery. Can you tell me how to enter the monthly competition? I think I might have missed this option when I posted in the gallery, perhaps.

Thank you for the encouragement and assistance!

Hi Lisa, Andy & Robin

Thank you for the tip about posting my photo in the gallery. Can you tell me how to enter the monthly competition? I think I might have missed this option when I posted in the gallery, perhaps.

Thank you for the encouragement and assistance!

I think there's still a day or so left to upload it to the January competition, and it's 'anything goes' month, so you're fine for the subject matter.
The competion thread for january is here..please take note of the rules and what happens.
http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=247596

Best regards,
Andy

In fact, I've moved your photo into the competition category for you... it seems to follow all of our guidelines for the competition.
If you wish me to remove it form there, let me know.
Please still read the competition thread link I posted in my previous message to understand how the process works regarding the fact that only 30 photos are put into voting round and that photos that don't quite make it to that round are moved to their respective categories, i.e. Bird of North America).

Best regards,
Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back