• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

opticron HR80 45R and kodak z740 (1 Viewer)

The Volunteer

Hi everyone, i recently inherited the opticron HR80 45R and have had the Kodax z740 for at least ten years ( but it is a camera that I really like ) and would like to hear from anyone who has successfully managed to combine the same scope/camera.

Cheers

Brett

That type of camera is not at all suited to digiscoping - the lens aperture is too large so any image you do manage to get will be a very small circle surrounded by black.

If you really want to mount that camera to the HR 80 (or any other scope) you'll need some kind of universal camera bracket. Opticron supplies one (http://www.opticron.co.uk/Pages/udca.htm) but there are plenty of alternatives on the market.

If you have a smartphone, you will probably get better results with that than your Kodak.

HTH

Cheers, Pete

Hi Pete
Quite riight have to use full 10X optical zoom to fill camera screen with picture and my motorola moto G does a much better job. Just hoped that someone had actually found a way of using these two items together, save me much hassle trying.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back