• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sightron 10X32 SIIBL versus 10X32 SIIIMS (1 Viewer)

JLPritchard

Anyone know the major differences between Sightron's two 32mm line offerings:
8/10X32 SIIBL versus 8/10X32 SIIIMS.

I know the MS refers to magnesium body. I guess I am wondering if the glass and coatings are mostly the same but the SIIIMS have better construction?

The SIII line is a higher level than the SII. So in *theory* any SIII model would have better optics than an SII model, and an SII would be better than an entry-level SI. One would also assume the SIII models have superior build quality, accessories, etc. with the price point being 2x or more.

Note that there are several models at each level. The SIII level has three lines, their product literature isn't the most clear, but based on what I can tell from descriptions and pricing the SIIIRM is the "basic" model with a narrow FOV, the SIIIMS is upgraded with a wider FOV and compact, magnesium alloy body, and the SIIILR is the newest model incorporating the popular open-bridge design.

Anyone know the major differences between Sightron's two 32mm line offerings:
8/10X32 SIIBL versus 8/10X32 SIIIMS.

I know the MS refers to magnesium body. I guess I am wondering if the glass and coatings are mostly the same but the SIIIMS have better construction?

From my knowledge of Sightron, the SIIIMS will be made in Japan versus Phillipines on the SII. I think the SII BS, and their new reverse porro are the only two products that are not made in Japan. Well at least that used to be the case.

I also agree with Eiatan. that there website leaves a lot to leave desired. I would email or call them with questions as I have had good luck with them answering questions this way.

Thanks

Todd

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back