• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New to spotters | advice to buy? (1 Viewer)

Scarletmacawdad

Friends,

I have two Swaro and a great Leica bin.

I need to move into the scope world.

Can you share your thoughts on what Swaro or Kowa models I should be looking for?

I'd like to get the best in around the used-2000 range.

Very grateful everyone,

Dustin

Hello 'Dad,

An important consideration is which tripod to use with a 'scope. The higher the magnification you want means the sturdier sturdier tripod needed.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood :hi:

I recommend reading this thread before buying anything...
https://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=377440

That was also my first thought. If I were to buy a new scope, I'd have a long and hard look at the Monarch ED82.

I'd also look at its smaller brother, the Monarch ED60. If that scope is as good as the ED82, I'd prefer it over the 82. As I'm getting closer to retirement, I want to keep the weight of my gear down ... ;)

Hermann

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back