• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon repair (1 Viewer)

Tully

Has anyone any experience of a company called CPES who do camera and lens repair. My insurance company want to send by damaged 500 f4 to them to fix. I'm very uncertain of not using a Canon Authorised Repairer.

Are these the people you mean?
http://www.cpes-europe.co.uk/

I had to send a lens for repair last year so I had a chat with a pro photographer friend of mine - he will only use Canon at Elsrtee. I followed his advice and was happy with the results and not unhappy with the price. Othe Authorised repairers that I have heard about are Lehmans and Colchester Cameras.
If one of my Big Whites goes sick it is going to Elstree. It is Canon's main repair centre for the UK and a lens like that needs the best.
CPES are probably fine, I simply don't know, but your Insurance Company will be looking for a recognised company with a good reputation and sensible prices. You are looking for people who are used to working on lenses like yours day in day out - not just seeing them occasionally, if ever. Canon at Elstree is where I would insist on.

Has anyone any experience of a company called CPES who do camera and lens repair. My insurance company want to send by damaged 500 f4 to them to fix. I'm very uncertain of not using a Canon Authorised Repairer.

what is wrong with your 500 mm ??

what is wrong with your 500 mm ??

Unfortunately it took a fall and fractured in the 1.4 extender.

Thanks for your input.

I have convinced my insurers to get it returned and use a recognised Canon repairer. Having had previous positive experience of Lehmanns it will probably go there.

Thanks again

Fixationuk are authorised canon repairers,there based in London.A friend of mine speaks highly of them

Cheers.

Steve.

I have used Miles Whitehead photography in Kent. Miles is quick and inexpensive. He lists a lot of major organisations among his clients. In addition to repairing cameras and lenses he also builds bespoke equipment for Kent Police among others.

I have used him on three occasions and I have been very pleased with his work.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back